Learn the nuts and bolts of PC computer assembly, installation, support, upgrade, maintenance and repair in this 26-week course. Students will gain a comprehensive knowledge of hands-on PC and laptop repair skills, and the knowledge they need to pass the A+ Certification examination. (The A+ Certification is administered by the Computing Technology Industry Association (Comp TIA) which certifies the competency of entry-level computer service technicians in the computer industry).
Successful graduates will have the technical “know how” to apply for positions such as computer support specialist , desktop support technician, network support technicians, computer technicians, computer repair /maintenance technician, bench technician, hardware technicians, Satellite Installation technicians, technical support technician, Information technology technician, and cable technician . After graduation, our students receive job placement assistance through our network of employers, highly proficient alumni, and employment agencies.
Program objectives: The graduate will be able to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Demonstrate proficiency in PC Hardware Assembly
- Demonstrate proficiency in Troubleshooting Hardware and Software problems.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills.
- Demonstrate employability skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic laboratory practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic electronic fundamentals.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in wireless network security.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic network Installation and configuration.
- Demonstrate proficiency in network equipment and physical site requirements and considerations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in advanced computer concepts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in various Microsoft operating systems.
|Code||Class Title||Lecture||Lab||Clock Hours|
|OS104||Operating Systems: DOS, Linux,WinXP, Vista, Win7||40||65||105|
|TS101||Hardware/Software Upgrades and Configurations||43||55||98|
|PT102||Printers: Installation and Maintenance||20||28||48|
|TS103||Introduction to Computer Networks/Wireless Networks||30||40||70|
Course Length: 26 weeks, 520 clock hours
Completion requirements: Students must have received a minimum of 70% GPA and 70% attendance. In addition, all financial arrangement must be met.