All the fundamentals of computer applications are covered in this 26-week course; from basic keyboarding to Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
Students are taught essentials of Windows 10 operating system, Internet research skills, job-readiness skills, office equipment operations, and intensive hands-on exercises that will give them real-life experiences in a small class setting for hands-on instruction. After graduation, our students receive job placement assistance through our network of employers, employment agencies, and highly proficient alumni.
Program objectives Include:
- Demonstrate proficiency in Computer Concepts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Windows Operating System Features
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills.
- Demonstrate job-readiness skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Outlook.
- Demonstrate proficiency in operations of computer peripheral equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer terminology & computer parts
- Demonstrate proficiency in operations of Office equipment
- Demonstrate proficiency in Internet research/E-mail
Customer Service, Information Clerks, Financial Clerks; Desktop Support, Computer User Support Specialist:
|Code||Class Title||Lecture||Lab||Clock Hours|
|BE201||Internet-Email and File Attachments||2||10||12|
|PV101||Introduction to Windows Operating Systems essentials||4||15||19|
|WP201||Microsoft Word Advanced||10||40||50|
|ME102||Microsoft Excel Advanced||20||50||70|
26 weeks, 520 clock hours
Students must have received a minimum of 70% GPA and 70% attendance. In addition, all financial arrangement must be met.