This 18-week course reinforces the technical knowledge you already possess and provides you with the added skills required to diagnose, install and manage computer networks effectively, and the knowledge to pass the CompTIA Network+ Certification examination. The course will help students gain confidence to re-enter the workforce and find employment as a Network Technician, Engineer or Administrator.
Prerequisite: CompTIA A+ graduate or 2 years I.T. industry experience.
Program objectives Include:
- Understanding of networked environments.
- Understanding of network topologies.
- Understanding Installation/Configuration of networks.
- Understanding different types of Network operating Systems (NOS).
- Understanding network administration and management activities.
- Understanding troubleshooting and maintenance activities.
- Understanding a unique simulation software for hands-on skills enhancement.
- Understanding professional development skills.
- Improving employability skills.
Computer Network Support Specialists, Computer User Support Specialists, Computer Support Specialists
|Code||Class Title||Lecture||Lab||Clock Hours|
|N101||Fundamentals of Computer Networks||2||6||8|
|N202||Network Operating Systems||5||10||15|
|N650||Network Troubleshooting Techniques||10||70||80|
18 weeks, 216 clock hours
Students must have received a minimum of 70% GPA and 70% attendance. In addition, all financial arrangement must be met.